Permanent Garbage: Victor Papanek and Beautiful Visions of Failed Systems
Thursday, December 4, 2014 at 5:00 pm to 7:30 pm
Anna-Maria and Stephen Kellen Gallery, Sheila C. Johnson Design Center, L 106 2 West 13th Street New York, NY 10011
Building upon the Parsons exhibition How Things Don't Work: The Dreamspace of Victor Papanek, this symposium will explore design, future-making and speculation at the intersection of broken systems and social change.
- Stuart Candy, Futurist
- Paola Antonelli, Senior Curator, Department of Architecture and Design, MoMA
- Gerald Bast, Rector, University of Applied Arts Vienna
- Alison Clarke, Director, Papanek Foundation, University of Applied Arts Vienna
- Fiona Raby, Professor Industrial Design, University of Applied Arts Vienna
- Jamer Hunt, Director, Graduate Program in Transdisciplinary Design, Parsons The New School for Design
- Event Type
Free; No tickets or reservations required.
No recent activity