Public Programs And Events

Art Work Talk | Dean Moss

Art Work Talk | Dean Moss

Dorothy Hirshon Suite, Arnhold Hall
General Public 


Interdisciplinary Choreographer and Visual Artist 

Dean Moss is an interdisciplinary choreographer and video artist whose practice meditates the fluidity of self while exploring pathways for the release of tension caused by the histories and abuses of power. 

Moss is the recipient of a John Simon Guggenheim Fellowship in Choreography; the Doris Duke Impact Award in Theatre; a Foundation for Contemporary Arts, Artists Grant; plus fellowships in Choreography and Multidisciplinary Works from the New York Foundation for the Arts. His performance projects, produced through the company Gametophyte Inc., have been commissioned by the New York Museum of Modern Art, The Whitney Museum of American Art, and The Massachusetts Museum of Contemporary Art, among others. He was awarded a “Bessie” for his work Spooky action at a distance

Moss was the Curator of Dance and Performance at The Kitchen from 1999-2004 and a Curatorial Advisor until 2009. He has lectured internationally including Tokyo University of the Arts, Kookmin University in Seoul, and for three years at Harvard University in the department of Visual and Environmental Studies. He currently teaches dance composition at Princeton University, Sarah Lawrence College and The New School. He also serves on the Board of Directors for the Foundation for Contemporary Arts.


ART WORK is an ongoing series that hosts innovative artists who speak about the artistic process on special evenings at Lang. Students gain access to the intimate workings of some of the most influential artists practicing in the city today. In an intimate setting, the artist detail their creative process, speak about new productions, and examine their most famous works.


*Refreshments will be served.

This event is sponsored by The Arts Department at Eugene Lang College of Liberal Arts at The New School.

Submit your application


To apply to any of our Bachelor's programs (Except the Bachelor's Program for Adult Transfer Students) complete and submit the Common App online.

Graduates and Adult Learners

To apply to any of our Master's, Doctural, Professional Studies Diploma, Graduates Certificate, or Associate's programs, or to apply to the Bachelor's Program for Adult and Transfer Students, complete and submit the New School Online Application.