Mayor’s Office of Environmental Remediation (OER) TurboTraining
Tuesday, December 17, 2013 at 12:00 pm to 5:00 pm
The Auditorium at 66 West 12th Street (formerly known as Tishman), Alvin Johnson/J.M. Kaplan Hall 66 West 12th Street, New York, NY
Registration & Networking ● 12:00-1:00 p.m.
TurboTraining Program ● 1:00-5:00 p.m.
OER’s TurboTraining is a condensed technical training program for environmental professionals that sets forth how to efficiently navigate the NYC Voluntary Cleanup Program (VCP). Members of the university community are welcome to attend to learn about the industry and NYC’s approach to environmental cleanup and to network with practitioners.
TurboTraining is designed to help seasoned consultants that are already familiar with the VCP develop precise investigation reports, cleanup plans, and final closure reports to speed review and approval, and to help them perform Phase 2 studies that are suitable for enrollment in the VCP.
TurboTraining is essential for every consultant that has a project in the City’s Voluntary Cleanup Program (VCP), is a City Qualified Vendor under the BIG program, or that is considering managing a project in the City VCP or E-Designation or Restrictive Declaration programs in the coming year.
Topics to be covered include:
- How to prepare a Remedial Action Report
- How to document engineering controls in Remedial Plans
- How to perform cleanups under OER programs.
- How to design and implement field investigations
- Streamlined template design for Remedial Investigation Work Plans
- Preparing technical documents for submission to OER
- Simplified guidance on design for end-point samples in cleanup plans
- Speeding acquisition of your Notice of Completion in the NYC VCP
- Opportunities to reduce environmental field oversight requirements
- How to remove an “E” Designation using the NYC VCP
- Streamlining Air and Noise E-Designation submittals
- Market your firm’s completed VCP projects on OER’s website
- Simplified repository procedures
- How to obtain a NYC Green Property Certification foundation plaque
Other programs covered include:
- BIG grant program - new award limits and eligibility rules
- How to use the NYC Clean Soil Bank
- Hazardous waste disposal fees
- Environmental Project Information Center (EPIC)
- What’s new with the 198 Federal IRS Federal Tax Deduction
- Updates to SPEED
OER is grateful to The New School for Public Engagement and the Milano School’s Environmental Policy and Sustainability Management Department for providing support for this program.
Admission is free; but registration is required by clicking here.
- Event Type
- Admin Notes
No recent activity
No activity yet
66 West 12th Street, New York, NYEnlarge Map